Radiator sizes

He saw what happened to those suicide bombers on Saturday and didn't fancy getting banjoed by a weegie.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well you might not. Good enough for Noah, good enough for me..........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Distracted? He gave him a 'damn good thrashing' to quote Mr Wellesley.

Native if which parts? Arthur was Irish.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What on earth is a weegie?

I must admit that I haven't seen anything as incompetent as Saturday's affair for a long time.

I did like the guy who stuck one on them though.

Reply to
Andy Hall

clot

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
clot

I was starting to think it was something to do with the occult.

Mind you, one does have a devil of a job to understand what they are saying.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you've had the opportunity to work with them, which I've had on many an occasion, then you get to understand the lingo. I should talk, I'm from N Wales with its own style of speaking English! Though today, I'd be accused of being rather RP!

Reply to
clot

Yes I think that's true anywhere.

That's certainly true, I lived there for three years.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I once spent an evening in a pub in the middle of Glasgow. I was in that sort of area on business so I thought I might as well experience the experience. I must say it was a bit worrying at times, but quite entertaining seeing hard Scots sipping Iron Brew with their 'Heavy', then disappearing to get a deep-fried pizza. Just keep a low profile if you do anything similar...

They're probably all dead now - this was about ten years ago.

(Completely O/T for radiator sizes, I think)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I probably shouldn't have, but I did smile at that!

Reply to
clot

I'd love to see one of your punters' faces when you try to to sell them a deck 20 cubits square...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Dual purpose innit? Use as a deck if it's sunny, use as a raft if it keeps raining.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does that B&D impact driver really let you get the boards in that tight?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's a Makita dear boy - one wouldn't be seen dead with a B&D - so last year.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No wonder they threw you out.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall saying something like:

Actually, I found the cubit a handy measurement once, when stuck without a tape measure and needed to know how long to cut a beam with some excess. Afair, it was 4 anna bit.

I've seen (and do it) people routinely step out distances for rooms, gardens, etc. Not everything needs to be measured to the nearest mm.

Other body parts could be used, of course, but it might frighten the ladies of the houses.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I doubt if the ladies of the house would be alarmed by anything that small :)

Reply to
Dave Baker

Skipping lightly past the 'I have a twelve-inch; but I don't use it as a rule' ... invitation;- It's a good practise to gauge various parts of your anatomy and memorise them; a hand width is four-inches; the separation between a little finger tip and an outstretched thumb end is nine-inches (fingers 'fanned' out); from index finger to index finger of the other outstretched arm is a fathom (Ok six-feet); a 'cubit' (from elbow to end of straightened hand's index finger is eighteen inches; etc. etc. ...when you've forgotten to take your tap measure and/or the dimensions of that alcove or room with you - you'll still have your body with you! - I',m sure the continental types have memorised 'miilmetric' equivalents - but God definitely used 'cubits' when he told that Noah guy how to build the Ark. If it's in the maker's manual then it's good enough for me!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock