Radiator replacement timing

I've just had my conservatory flooded by a radiator leak while I was off on holiday. I'm a DIY novice so I though I'd seek some wisdom here :)
I'm assuming I will have to replace the radiator. What I need to know is whether I can get the ChemDry people in to clean up and possibly replace the carpet etc. before I replace the radiator - I've closed the valves to stop any more water leaking out. Or would people recommend getting the radiator switched first (which I'll need to wait for a few days to do until I have time)?
Cheers Ronnie

I'd say radiator first. They and their valves have a habit of exuding black filth when the unions are fiddled with.
Christian.

I totally agree. Otherwise, it's likely you'll spill something nasty on the newly cleaned carpet while changing the radiator.
You *are* sure, are you, that it's the radiator itself which is leaking - and not the valves or pipework?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

The first thing to do is to inform the insurance company. They will (with luck) arrange everything and charge you the excess/wear and tear, which is usually well worth it. In any case, is ANY claim is to be made they want to know straight away and not have customer based delays involved.
In the unhappy case that you aren't insured, clearly you do the radiator first!
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)