Radiator reflective foil

If going to collect it, a simple check is to squeeze the packet - it should be a bit resilient (if the assistant complains, squeeze the rad. foil instead).

Reply to
PeterC

>> Foil/d210/sd2738/p26805

I wouldn't consider using anything in this application where the backing was thin enough to allow it to be sold in rolls or folded like that. The best I have seen is 3mm and 5mm thick polystyrene foam with foil backing available in 600mm square and nearly rigid. It will snap if handled badly and is easily cut to shape with a craft knife.

It is always a compromise between obstructing airflow and minimising loss through the wall. The rigid stuff is a lot easier to work with too as it is naturally flat and doesn't want to curl up and can be attached with a few dabs of decent PVA or wallpaper paste on the back.

B&Q/Wickes have a decent version of it. (Not in rolls)

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

What assistant?

Reply to
Davey

The people in my local TS are friendly and helpful - willing to get items to look at (TS' site is woefully lacking in information).

Reply to
PeterC