radiator pipe holes in floating floor

I have recently put Kahrs engineered wood down in our dining room. Ideally I would have taken the opportunity to chase the radiator pipes into the wall, but it didn't happen. I did manage to have each pipe going close to centrally through a 24mm hole.

The beech doughnuts that professional fitters used in other parts of the house don't look great and eventually get knocked off, so I am looking for an alternative. At first I thought I'd fill the space with a solid filler, but if the floor does move this might be a problem. On the one hand there's some give in the copper tube, on the other hand the compression fittings to the rad are a bit fragile and I don't want any leaks. On the third hand the pipes cycle through a wide temperature range and any solid filling is likely to crack.

So what are my choices. Brown silicone? plastic flangy things? Or am I stuck with hardwood doughnuts?

Leo

Reply to
Leo

The hardwood doughnuts look best. You can get some that are fake, ie made of plastic and don't break so easy. The pipework is best left with some movement space.

You could try the plastic covers that go round the pipe to cover holes through the ceiling etc they come in various colours white, chrome etc. they spilt to enable going round the pipe then clip together. makes a nice finish.

Reply to
A Plumber