Radiator Outputs

Hi,

I am a little confused!!

This Double Radiator is apparently 2076W and is 600×1200mm (£70.99)

one (Same manufacturer (Flomasta)) is the same size, but is only 1532W
(£64.99)

I am in the process of replacing my radiators, and was just going to replace with the same size radiators, but there seems to be a big difference between models here.

What is going to be physically different between the two models I have linked to above to get the difference in output?

Thanks!

Reply to
Toby

One is single and one double, i.e in in the lower powered one only the front part has water passing through it, whereas in the higher powered one both front and back do.

Reply to
Cod Roe

That's not *quite* true. If you look at the Screwfix printed catalogue it becomes obvious that they have screwed up the description of 72037 on the website. It is described as "Single panel, double convector" - which is pretty impossible to imagine, anyway. What they really mean is "Double panel, single convector".

Both radiators have two panels full of water but one has two rows of fins between the panels, and the other one has only one row of fins. The double-finned one has a much higher surface area over which the convected air passes - and so has a higher heating capacity. It's also fatter!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I was going to say that I can't see 72037 in the catalogue No92 but see it's only up to 22/09 so must be another one out since ..need to check when next I go to Screwfix . Must cost a fortune printing so many so often .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

I've often thought that, not to mention the environmental effect. I keep one in the van & one on my desk. I usually pick up two at the depot & then get another in the post a week later.

Its a huge waste of paper when so little seems to change.

You would think they would have recycling facilities at the depots.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have 94. It seems to have the big difference that they say they won't sell gas bits to non Corgi customers (page 9). I haven't seen that before.

Edgar

Reply to
Edgar

So thre have been another 2 catalogues since 22 Sept and this is only the 5th Oct !!!

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

So how long before they refuse to sell electrical bits to people who aren't 'Part Pee' registered?

I don't know when 92 came out - I only get one occasionally. I now have 94, but I think me previous one was 88 or somesuch. I guess it depends on how often you order from them which, in my case, is only 2 or 3 times per year.

94 is labelled "Autumn 2008" and prices are only valid until 10/11/08 - which is only just over a month away.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Not a very smart business move ......"If we list it then we sell it" ..That would be my motto.

For example how do they know that solder joints aren't being used to join gas piping as opposed to water piping .

Do Motor Factors refuse to sell brake parts because the buyer might F up fitting them to their car and cause an accident and kill several people ?....No they don't.

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Somehow or another I managed to get off their catalogue mailing a few years ago. Just get Toolstation, Nisbetts, BES, ...

Reply to
Rod

Ah, that's what threw me - Now understand! Thanks!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

See