Radiator output

Anyone able to point me to a source of radiator output figures please?

I've got an old double radiator 600mm x 1920mm (no fins) that I need to replace and want to match the output.

Radiator manufacturer web sdites.

Find something close to what you have. Scale it's output in terms of area.

If you have a conventional boiler running at 82 degrees, then the actual heat output is about 80% of the nominal quoted figure

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks. I've done that but I can't find any listings which include radiators without fins.

Looking at figures for double panel with single fins and a single panel no fins; a figure of 2200 watts would seem a reasonable guess for a 600mm x 2000mm double panel rad.

If replacing one rad , there is no need for an accurate calculation. Consider whether the present one gives enough heat out on the coldest days and whether it heats the room up quickly enough and adjust accordingly.

Also what space do you have available, do you want a physically smaller rad ....

If in doubt go for a higher output, the extra cost is negligeable.

Robert

Reply to
robert

Andy Hall

Although they don't do double panels without convectors now you can get a reasonable guide by doubling the figures for a single panel and taking away 10%. This is roughly the difference you see in figures between single and double convectors.

Reply to
fred

Thanks, that's what I'm doing: no need for a calculation when I've got empirical evidence.

Thanks, that was a help.

You're welcome

Don't forget that it doesn't matter if you oversize within reason. For example, you could get the same heat output for smaller wall area by going for a single panel radiator with fins or get a bit more in reserve by going for one of the same size with fins. Once you put a thermostatic valve on the radiator, all that will happen is that the room will warm up a little faster and then the TRV will back it off. That may be attractive.

Reply to
Andy Hall