Radiator leak sealant

I have an old victorian style panel radiator which is starting to pinhole in a couple of places due to a new pressurised CH system (was gravity previously) & hence is now leaking. I`ve searched in vain trying to find a replacement but no joy whatsover. Will something such as Fernox leak sealant work in this case (you inject it in by cartridge).? Will this provide a more permanent solution and would the sealant be affected by system drain downs or a subsequent fill up with corrosion inhibitor?
John
John wrote:

I found that sealant was v good for slighly leaking old rad valves when they were put on a sealed combi system. I would have though that it would not be so effective in your case. It sounds like the rad has begun to corrode through. Is it really a vic rad worth keeping or a modern clone with spot welded panels? It could be that the previous system never had any inhibitor.

they
rad
Its original to the house hence I really would want to keep it as I can`t find any others similar. You are right in saying the old system didn`t have any inhibitor, judging by some of the sludge which came out of it when I flushed it outside it hadn`t been cleaned out for years. This is why I thought a leak sealer followed by an inhibitor.
John
John wrote:

It might be worth a try but to quote http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/plumbingpage1.html "If corrosion has progressed to the point where radiators are starting to pinhole, it's pretty bad."

Hi John,
We've been there, and no, Fernox or any of the other sealing additives we tried worked. We even tried heat sealing it (can't remember how, perhaps soldering) but in the end we had to admit defeat and I had a great time smashing it up with a lump hammer :)
The replacement came from a local hospital that was being renovated and is far far far better than the one it replaced.....
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Try Halfords for a car rad sealer. That takes a lot more abuse than your CH system can throw at it.