Radiator knocking

I have quite a large fancy satinless steel radiator in my hall and whe

the heating turns on the radiator starts to make loud knocks as i heats up. This is probably due to the expansion of the metal but doe anybody know how I can minimise this ??

I have turned down the thermostatic vlave on it which seems to hav helped slightly but of course this reduces the temp - can I have m cake now and eat it?

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

|=20 | I have quite a large fancy satinless steel radiator in my hall and when | the heating turns on the radiator starts to make loud knocks as it | heats up. This is probably due to the expansion of the metal but does | anybody know how I can minimise this ?? |=20 | I have turned down the thermostatic vlave on it which seems to have | helped slightly but of course this reduces the temp - can I have my | cake now and eat it??

When the radiator *or* pipe heats up, as you say it expands, It then rubs against something, floor, wall, hole for pipe or something. Find where it is rubbing, and prevent said rubbing.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Try sticking some rubber between the wall mountings and the radiator itself. Make sure that as the rad tails disappear into the floor, they aren't actually touching the sides of the holes in the floorboards.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks for the replies, it didn't occour to me that it way hitting o

something.......Thanks..

Christian McArdle Wrote:

-- Fatboise

Reply to