Radiator height from floor

Is there a minimum gap between the bottom of a standard central heating radiator and the floor? Radiator in question is a Myson (I think)

2000x300mm, and would like to fit this underneath a large window (blinds, no curtains). Thanks.
Reply to
Grumps

In article , Grumps writes

Mine are an inch above the skirting, it lets the air circulate up behind the rads to reach their full output. That seems to look proportionate too.

Reply to
fred

|Is there a minimum gap between the bottom of a standard central heating |radiator and the floor? Radiator in question is a Myson (I think) |2000x300mm, and would like to fit this underneath a large window (blinds, no |curtains).

The limiting factor will be circulation of air behind the radiator, so the minimum gap, top or bottom, should be greater than the distance between the radiator and the wall. In reality quite a lot greater to look right.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Thanks. What size skirting do you have?

Reply to
Grumps

Various, 6 1/2", 10", 11 1/2" (it's an old property) but the inch rule seems to work for them all.

Reply to
fred

We have a 2.0x1.6m (wxh) window which leaves a gap of 41cm from the window ledge to the floor. A 30cm rad would be just above our short 4" skirting. Of course our plumber will also advise, but I just wanted some opinions before he shows up. Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:37:38 -0000, "Grumps" |> wrote: |>

|>> Is there a minimum gap between the bottom of a standard central |>> heating radiator and the floor? Radiator in question is a Myson (I |>> think) 2000x300mm, and would like to fit this underneath a large |>> window (blinds, no curtains). |>

|> The limiting factor will be circulation of air behind the radiator, |> so the minimum gap, top or bottom, should be greater than the |> distance between the radiator and the wall. In reality quite a lot |> greater to look right. | |We have a 2.0x1.6m (wxh) window which leaves a gap of 41cm from the window |ledge to the floor. A 30cm rad would be just above our short 4" skirting. Of |course our plumber will also advise, but I just wanted some opinions before |he shows up.

Stelrad

have lots of 300mm radiators
available

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Thanks for the link. It seems that Stelrad specify a min floor to rad gap of

150mm. Looking at the Myson site, they spec 100mm min.
Reply to
Grumps