Radiator connectors

What size is the threaded hole that a rad valve is screwed into on a (new) radiator? Is it possible to get a (preferably chrome) fitting for it without a valve and terminated with a compression fitting?
The reason I ask is I'm mounting 3 rads in an angled bay and I trying to figure out a way to connect them together.
Thanks
Paul

Well pleased, too, they even sent me a free spirit level so I could mount it nicely!
mike r

Is this the type of things you're looking for:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 531
http://www.diy-hardware-store.co.uk/chrome-compression-fittings.php
BigWallop wrote:

That would work but would need a 15-15mm chrome compression coupling as well.
You could you screwfix 12561 -remove the back-nut and olive and screw it into the rad with plenty of tape.
Better would be the chrome version of scrwfix 18515 which BES no doubt sell...
... Yup Part 7611 51p +VAT post incl.
You'll need eight of them and enough 15mm chrome pipe and a spotless bending machine.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

merchants (THL, Hornsey).
Thanks
Paul
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:12:16 +0100, Paul Roman

But don't you need to connect them either in parallel, or if in series, connect the tops as well as the bottoms?
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply