Radiator bleed screws for sale?

Hi,

does anybody know if there's anywhere I can buy new radiator bleed screws? Just the little square ended screws - one went missing when we took all the radiators off the walls for skimming.

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
David Mason

I don't know about *just* the pin - but you could buy an air vent assembly (such as Item 6915 from BES for 27p + VAT) and take the pin out of it. You could probably buy something similar from any half-way-decent PM.

Reply to
Roger Mills

A decent plumbers merchant will probably have some but they are not a standard thread size so it is probably easier to buy a new vent. Take the vent with you so that you can check that the bleed screw has the same thread, and if you can't get a bleed screw that fits then you can match your old vent with a new one of the same diameter/thread.

Reply to
DIY

OK, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
David Mason

Problem is that many radiators don't have a removeable vent fitting - the screw goes straight into a tapped hole in the radiator body, like

[Note: the rad in the photo is an old one which had been parked outside for a while. Those in current use don't look like that!]

There may be variations in screw size/thread, but all the ones I've taken out appear to be 2BA.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I didn't check to see if they are removeable - I'll look tonight. If not I'll bear that size in mind Roger.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David Mason