Radiator bleed-off valves

Hi, all.

Radiator in kid's bedroom needs bleeding ( hot at bottom, cold at top ).

Standard square-key bleed-off valve has seized and rounded. The whole valve assembly looks like it can be removed from the radiator body and replaced, using with a larger internal square key.

Can any kind soul point to a replacement bleed valve assembly which screws into the hole in a std rad? My initial groping at screwfix wasn't helpfull.

I'll also need the large square key which fits into the valve to remove it from the radiator housing ( it will be hollow to accomodate the actual bleed screw stem.. )

Reply to
Ron Lowe

sell replacement valves but postage may be a bit expensive for a single item.

I'm pretty sure the key is available from Screwfix, Focus etc.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Any chance of a photo? [Upload it somewhere, and post a link here]

Several of my radiators have 1/2" BSP tappings at all 4 corners - allowing top or bottom entry. The unused tappings have blanking plugs in one and bleed screws in the other.

My bleed fittings have 1/2" BSP threads to screw into the rads, and hexagon-shaped flanges to fit a (approx 22mm) spanner. Are yours not like that?

Have a look on the BES site at

[The page is called 'Diverter Valves, Air Vents, Radiator & Boiler Spares' just in case the link doesn't work. Scroll down to Item 6918, which may be what you're looking for. Scroll down further to Item 4846, which might be what you need to fit it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

If what you have is what I think you have then this

what you want .It operates at one end as a radiator hex key to fit the tails for radiator lockshied valves and at the other end to fit and remove the type of bleed valves you have . Newer bleed valves are fitted using a spanner I can't see the bleed valve fittings on either Screwfix or Toolstaions websites but wd be surprised if they are not lurking there ....not sure if the new bleed valves fit old rads but wd have thought they wd do.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I think this

what the OP will have ...not that I wd recommend refitting that type .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

How about this?

Roger Mills

I can't see the ones like you get with Screwfix rads ...

Reply to
Usenet Nutter