Radial circuit extension?

Hi, I am looking for a way to get power up into my dad's loft for a sky box and booster. Currently there is a radial circuit in 2.5sqmm T&E which supplies a 2kW bathroom heater/towel rail via a 13Amp switched fuse connection box. It is on a 16A MCB at the CU. This would be very convenient source to extend the circuit up into the loft (from the load side of the FCU, ie in parallel) otherwise routing cables up there is going to be very difficult. However I have no idea if it would be OK to extend in this way, the circuit will have to terminate in a double socket box in the loft in order to plug in the sky box and booster, but they could be hard wired via FCU's if this is not allowed. The combined load from the heater and equipment (I need to check but think it is 3A fuse in each plug) should be less than the cable capabilities. Any thoughts.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Crook

That sounds OK to me. A radial circuit wired in 2.5sq mm cable is a 'conventional circuit' as per the OSG. It can supply a floor area of up to 50sq metres and can be branched as much as you like and have as many sockets as you like. I don't think the 'fixed' electric fire on the same circuit makes any difference to the above rules.

You might want to change the MCB to a 20 amp one but it's not really necessary except to make the circuit more 'conventional'.

Reply to
usenet