rachet spanners

Lift it off the nut so you can rotate the clicky bit until the gaps line up.

You can't lift it right off - there's something (like a hydraulic pipe) sticking out of the middle of the nut.

Reply to
Rob Morley

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:32:19 +0100, ":::Jerry::::" scrawled:

You're starting to make as much sense as Dr. Dibble.

At what point did I say they were useful in tight spaces? If I couldn't get a spanner in I couldn't get an angle grinder in either, what does that prove, all angle grinders are useless?

Reply to
Lurch

I don't think the open ended ring spanner has been invented yet!

Reply to
SimonJ

Mmm, I thought Andy Lord Hall has a thing about Axminster, and lo and behold Axminster have an adjustable ratchet spanner. Lord Hall, now please behave.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can you post a link to these 'open ended ratchet spanners' please, as I work daily with spanners and they would be very useful but non of my professional / trade tool suppliers seem to anything about such a tool.

Or do you really mean the previously mentioned 'escapment' spanners?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

either,

All you are doing is showing up is just how little experience you have then!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I would love to know how one would remove such a spanner, if the nut has become tight with the two jaws (jaw body and jaw inner ratchet) are out of line IYSWIM?!

Next someone will suggest a ratchet pipe union spanner....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Drivel" dribbled and oozed utter garbage:

I have indeed bought a few Makita tools from Axminster, but the ratchet spanners I am referring to are not adjustable, nor are they available from Axminster. Oh and Dribble I'm not Lord Hall either you utter fool.

Reply to
Matt

Apart from this sort (which IMHE, have a tendency to chew nuts) surely you;ve seen a "crowfoot" wrench on a real square-drive ratchet ? They're not often much use, but they do have their place for nuts on long studs with no side access.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:25:44 +0100, ":::Jerry::::" scrawled:

I never said I had experience of them either. I have a set, I use them, I know they aren't too clever in tight spaces and no-one said they were. Other tools aren't useful in tight spaces either, or other specific instances. Not everything has to be useful in every conceivable situation. Take drills for instance, brilliant, but useless for drilling joists because of the confined space so you use an angle drill. Does that mean we should write off non-angle drills as useless because they don't work as effectively in tight spaces?

I have no idea who you are arguing with or why. Have you had a bad day? Don't bother reply, I can't be bothered to read this dross anymore.

Reply to
Lurch

So they don't exist then. Lord Hall said "open to allow them to be used on pipework". Sounds adjustable to me; now they are not.

Lord Hall, now stop being Matt. Stop being childish. Now go and read your Makita instruction manual - that make you calm down.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There is one on Axminster. Smooth jaw open ended. The lower jaw releases and allows the spanner to be turned to the next flat. Lord Hall has seen it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

See Axminster and search under adjustable ratchet wrench.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

yet!

ratchet)

Another twit who doesn't know the differences between a 'ratchet' and 'escapement' action.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

surely

Yes I do know about those, indeed I have used them (also their cousin, the crowfoot ring) but as you indicate they are not a ratchet spanner!

Or anything with little or no side access, the original Mini brake master cylinder springs to mind....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Axminster must be twittos then, as they say adjustable ratchet wrench.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How about these

PeTe33

IMO, less use than a chocolate tea pot in the desert!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No, I mean open ended ratchet spanners, which is why I said 'open ended ratchet spanners'

3 'Alden Wrench Set'

Reply to
SimonJ

Reply to