Rabbits

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

You're a good and loving father.

I'd let them make their bid for freedom ... but I'm a terrible 'ard woman ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

6" layer of concrete.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

I would have thought anything smaller than wabbit sized holes :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Is that underneath or on top of the little buggers ?

Reply to
G&M

When we had a rabbit and a guinea pig, I made a wooden hutch where I lined the interior with acrylic sheet cut to size and siliconed in place.

Hay and bedding material were put inside in the usual way.

There were no attempts at chewing or escape and it was very easy to keep clean and hygienic.

I wouldn't put mesh as the floor of a hutch with nothing underneath - that would be pretty uncomfortable for the rabbit. If on a surface such as wood you are going to have problems of bits getting caught underneath the mesh

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

We used 1" mesh buried 6" but eventually they got through it and created a vast warren, only discovered when the wife was out planting plants and broke into their sitting room (well that's what she said it was!). They never actually made a bid for freedom, just dissapeared for the odd day or two. Eventually one died down the hole which created a bit of upset

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Mesh size is not so imporatnt as depth. Go down a foot at least.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Both.

Reply to