R40 Lightbulbs

Are these still made (40 Watt) .I can't see them in either the Screwfix or Toolstation catalogues .I also tried searching elsewhere but can't see them although there are quite a few other Rxx types .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Buy a 160 watt CFL, that should give about the same amount of light as a

40W lightbulb.
Reply to
Steve Firth

160 Watt???
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Well, I admit it's probably still going to be a bit dim compared to a

40W lightbulb, probably best to go for a 500W model.
Reply to
Steve Firth

I think you can use PAR38 in place of R40, have a look here:

pcb1962

I don't know the details of the app, but I've often replaced spotlight bulbs with non-spots, and R40 sounds like a prime candidate for this, with a candle or golfball.

NT

Reply to
NT

here:

>>Unless I'm mistaken it would be many times too big.

It's just a wee Ikea lamp with an ES bulb so probably a golf or candle would do.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter