R-404 Cylinder

Clearing out the mess left behind by others in a garage, I have found a small cylinder which says it has R-404a Refrigerant in it. It has something, for sure.

I could: Let it out into the atmosphere (may not be good for the environment), and put the cyclinder in the recylce bin; See if a local refrigeration company wants it, if I can find one; Offer it on Freecycle; Call the Bomb Squad. Any other ideas? I doubt that the council would be interested.

Any legal worries?

Reply to
Davey

"Phil L" wrote in news:B0fxv.1126$ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.am:

Try offering it to a garage that does Air Conditioning servicing. Some cars might still use it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I don't know the weight, I'll look Wednesday. It's small, maybe 2 feet tall, max.

Reply to
Davey

Some of the older refrigerants used in cars are in demand, as they can't be bought new. But can be re-cycled. Modern ones don't work so well in systems designed for older.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)