QVC

Anybody buy from QVC? Comments please

Reply to
Mike Saunders

Yes. the other half has bought from QVC, it can get a bit adictive I think. Money back if you don't like but you have to pay the postage back, they don't mention that. No problems as yet.

Reply to
simon beer

"Mike Saunders" wrote | Anybody buy from QVC? Comments please

Yes.

The first time you order they do a credit check on you and that can delay things beyond the "5-7 working days".

I've bought a digital camera, a table lamp for a wedding present, some software and a gadget that was supposed to give me abs like a Chippendale. That got sent back after a week when I realised I didn't care enough about not having abs like a Chippendale to spend time every day inflicting pain on myself when I could have an extra half-hour in bed, and they refunded without any problem.

The prices on the things I have compared are a bit cheaper than Argos, even taking into account the P&P, and the no-quibble return policy applies to absolutely everything for 30 days. On one of the car care programmes they said that if you weren't satisfied with the magic stuff you put in the engine you could send the empty bottle back and they would still refund.

If you order two+ identical items the P&P on the second is usually half price and I think they can post gifts direct to the recipient.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"mike ring" wrote | (QVC always gets me late at night after a couple of tinnies)

Wait until after 1 am when bid-up.tv closes down for truly awful shopping channel showreels.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I recently bought a digital camera from QVC. The 30 day money back guarantee is a boon - you get to play with it for a whole month (not sure how this works with consumable products!?) and if you dont like it (or you have come back from your hols and printed out the pics ;-) just send it back. Surely the return postage covers your 30 days trial.

I had a slight problem with my purchase as the spare battery wouldnt charge. They wouldnt just change that so I had to send the whole thing back. A brand new package arrived within about 4 days of returning it and this one seems fine.

I have bought a few things in the past - Samsung 709 dvd player a few years ago, a watch I didnt like & sent back, some ZX1 engine friction reducer (thats an impressive demonstration - dont know how authentic it is though!).

In message , a wrote

Do you mean expensive engine oil?

Reply to
Alan

I have at times been tempted, until a search on the web found me the products cheaper

Reply to
robert