Quote for work

I have a little work to do which we've been saving up for. The only problem is I'm having problems getting people to come out for quotes and the one so far seems a little high.

The work is on the main bedroom and the ensuite. It's a modern house so the rooms aren't very big. We need to remove the plaster/render form the outside walls (2) in the bedroom and rerender/replaster. Remove the tiles from the bathroom and make good, remove all the bathroom fittings and replace with new ones.

Not a vast amount of work. Anyone any idea roughly what I should be paying? I'm in Cardiff.

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

getting tradespeople to turn up is indeed a problem and judging their abilities in relation to their patter is the second problem.

I'm crap with anything to do with mortar so I've just had a bricklayer give me an estimate for a partial wall rebuild plus pointing, I asked him roughly how long it would take him and he said it wouldn't take more than a day.

when I asked him for a ball park figure on what it would cost he said the pointing would be about £240 and the partial rebuild another £150.

then I asked him his daty rate and he said "£220, me plus a lad to mix up"

he didn't spot the obvious gaffe and he's off preparing a quote for me.

twunt.

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

[...]

We're in Caerphilly and have "pet" builders we've found very good. If you email me directly (using "martin" instead of "MJAngove") I can pass on their number. They are quite busy people, but AFAIK they don't have any big jobs on at the moment :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove