Quietest ballcock?

A plumber mate of mine recomended a ballcock..but i cant remember what make it was...and now i cant contact him...anyone recomend one?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Torbeck is one make, there is another company making them as well but I can't remember their, or their products name...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Was it a "Fluidmaster" Quiet float valve? - like on here

logized

In message , r.p.mcmurphy wrote

Torbeck

Fluidmaster

Reply to
Alan

Was it a Torbeck?

They fill quietly through a flexible (anti-syphon) tube which dips below the water level - and have a very small float and short arm so that you get full flow until the water is almost up to the required level.

They do thump a bit when they shut off though, and the overflow needs to be capable of taking the full flow - but they are provided with a couple of flow restrictors. Which one you fit depends on your water pressure.

Reply to
Set Square

Only if you haven't got a big enough flow restrictor in. Ours just SSHHHHh. The noise being the water flowing in the pipe rather than the valve and is barely audible.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If ghe thump is annoying insert a shock arrestor as near to the valve as pssoble.. About £9-10 from BES.

Reply to
IMM

Well, I don't know what sort of restrictor I need then - the cistern takes all but 2 minutes to fill as it is, and still gives a single gentle thump when the vavle shuts. It certainly isn't a problem, but it doesn't qualify for the description "silent".

Reply to
Set Square

not absolutely silent, but it is quiet enough for me.

I haven't noticed a thump when it turns off either.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

The one I just fitted that came with a B&Q toilet was made by Siamp. Looks pretty much like the Torbek/Fluidmaster type of thing. Fills at full rate until full then stops in the space of a second or so.

Reply to
John Rumm