Quiet kettle?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:22:24 +0100, "Simon Stroud" mused:

Thermostat?

Reply to
Lurch

I'll take your word on that as I cannot be arsed to work it out. If I could get the rest of the kit (sugar, milk, tea, cup etc) ready in less than 30 seconds I would be surprised. I have got to get one.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A Google Groups link to an idea previously surfaced on this newsgroup if more than one phase is available and speed is needed:

't make one!

Reply to
Part timer

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:24:40 -0700, Part timer mused:

Don't make one!

Clives great, dangerous, but great!

Reply to
Lurch

I've watched the flash page 'demonstrating ' the quick cup appliance.

In my Humble Opinion; Tefal seem to be advocating the 'time' saved in our 'busy lives' by the three-second cuppa. I'm not sure too many folks -apart from employers- are concerned about the time saving. However several years ago my mother-in-law suffered a stroke. While visiting the stroke ward I had the opportunity of 'chatting' to other patients. I recal one, a frail but alert lady who could walk, talk, converse etc. but had lost strength in her right arm.; I recall her admitting to me on the evening before she was discharged that she had 'no problem' with going back to her flat but was worried about having a cup of tea. - she believed that a kettle of boiling water might prove too difficult for her to dispense into a cup. This Tefal device seems to obviate that problem. The 'kettle' isn't lifted - the liquid falls down into the cup... much safer for frail people.

Perhaps the true market isn't for people too busy to find minutes to boile a kettle - but for people to frail / incapictated to handle a kettle of boiling water. Perhaps we should all buy one , while we're still agile enough to carry it home ... :)

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:57:20 GMT, "Brian Sharrock" mused:

Perhaps you should learn how to use a newsreader, or perhaps even get yourself one as OE isn't really a newsreader.

Reply to
Lurch

It's as much a newsreader for text groups as Forte Agent.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Breville JK99 'quiet boil' fits the job nicely

Reply to
Reg