Quick ways to learn about the new(ish) CH

Hah, so I walk through the kitchen door tonight to find a very large lake - or as it's know, the contents of all the rads.

Seems like a badly made joint has given up after 18 months and a CH service (where the pressure was upped) and spat everything out onto the kitchen floor.

Lots of cursing later and all the water is gone and apparently little damage done - though at 7.30pm it's a sod to find:

a) olives b) non-own-brand CH inhibitor c) tools SWMBO claims we have lost/never had d) a torch e) enough towels to clear up the flooding

Seems like it's all ship-shape now, but I haven't fully re-prressurised or added the inhibitor tonight as a) CBA and b) CBA

BTW - what is the chemical formulation (pprox) of X400 Inhibitor? It's made my skin damn dry cleaning up all that water!!

FWIW - B&Q are crap - Hombase rock at 7.50pm when you need pipe clips, inhibitor and olives(and a large adjustable...)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

What a bugger! Last thing you want when you get in from work. Got a call from my daughter at 6:30pm last night - leaking pipe on washing machine.

I'm lucky to have all the bits on the van!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yeah - the worst thing was - SWMBO has gone off in the car for 4 days leaving me with a list of things to do (which is nice) - but this one event has totally buggered that list!

Cheers Dna.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I have this theory that all plumbing fittings are evil...........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman