Quick Tiling question

Hi,

I am going to tile a bathroom floor for the first time and need a bit of advice, we are going to have a walk in shower enclosure eventually.

When tiling the floor do I need to put tiles where the shower enclosure is going to be or do I just mark out where the enclosure is and not put tiles there until the enclosure is in place and then finish the tiling off?

TIA

Reply to
rob_h20

Do you have the waste pipe for the shower below floor level? If not, you'll probably have to sit the shower basin on a shallow plinth to accomodate the waste pipe anyway.

Personally, I'd prefer to put the plinth straight onto the sub floor. I took the floor tiles to the edge of the plinth and then brought wall tiles down and along the edge of the plinth to the floor tiles.

Reply to
Wanderer

The waste pipe is below the floor.

Reply to