Quick start fluorescents

Our fluorescents splutter and knock at switch on. .. and cause interference on the 'phone.

Is the only cure complete new quick start units or is it the type of tube or starter ?

I tried an 'electronic' starter , no splutter but takes a long time to come on.

ta Chris

Reply to
Kris

Really, yes.

They have to be sure to have preheated the electrodes sufficiently, because most of them only give one shot at starting the tube. There have been other designs, but working out what type you are buying before you actually try them is probably impossible.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel