Quick electrical question.

Hi all,

What are my chances of getting two 4mm^2 cores into a single MK 20A grid-switch terminal?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Slim, I think. The switches are all made to comply with BS EN 60669-1, which only requires 6 mm^2 terminal capacity for current ratings of 16 to 25 A.

A call to MK tech support would give you a definitive answer though.

Reply to
Andy Wade

google mk gridswitch terminal capacity and it comes up in the technical data sheet

1 x 6 mm2 2 x 4 mm2 3 x 2.5 mm2 4 x 1.5 mm2 4 x 1 mm2

So, every chance.

Reply to
BruceB

You mean too fat!

You really need some intermediate connection outside of the area with constraints of size I think. Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

Thanks for that. Your Googling is definitely better than mine. I can confirm that they do fit (just) since I got a switch today.

I suppose that means I can't get out of starting the job any longer...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp