Quick answer to a lighting question

Brother in law has asked me to look at his kitchen and dining room lights. When he switches the lights on in his dining room or kitchen, both the dining room and kitchen come on. Easy - two way wiring. He doens't want this to happen. is it just a simple case of disconnecting the common wire between the two switches to disable the two way switching so that only the switch in the same room operates that rooms lights?

I haven't been near the house yet so haven't tried anything.

Reply to
SantaUK

Unless I am misreading you, think about what you have described - the two rooms are on the same circuit, only the switching is two way.

He doens't want

I suggest you check out the wiring carefully you may be able to utilise the three way switch cable to overcome the problem.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Prater