Question: Registry Edit Programs

I'm very careful about that.

It's not quite the same as Perfection. That's the one to watch because when you reach it, there's only one way to go.

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life". Know what I mean?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

hardly, but ntw.

Doesnt change the fact that most choose it - and while in many cases its for the wrong reason, in many its for the right one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

IMO most people don't need a computer at all. Spend a fiver on a pen drive, get down the public library, and surf at Andy's expense.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

So very true.

But in my experience many Linux applications are also festering heaps of cack. *Smaller* festering heaps of cack, but festering heaps of cack all the same.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Can't get pr0n down the library ;-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Indeed it is. That's why so few people have Macs.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'd rather they went to Starbucks.

It's interesting to see people sitting in those places with notebooks talking to Auntie Flo in Australia on Skype while having their "lartay".

Reply to
Andy Hall

But Starbucks can't help you if you get stuck with Excel

Never been in one. I like my coffee in small cups

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You'd be surprised.

I know what you mean. I like the Italian tradition. Large cups of cappucino until 1100 (with suitable breakfast items) and then the small ones afterwards on pain of death should you ask for anything else.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha[gasp]hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No they don't. They buy "a computer". It comes with Windows. They weren't even aware they *had* a choice, much less made it.

Reply to
Huge

I don't run that, either. Nor a Mac.

:o)

Reply to
Huge

BSD? Solaris?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The latter.

Reply to
Huge

His headers made it clear enough.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And there you have the time honoured definition of a man page on

UNIX/BSD/SunOS/Solaris/Linux^H^H^H^H^Hjumped up UNIX wannabe

Reply to
Bob Eager

ProNews? OS/2?

Surely not. I haven't come across anyone running that for 10 years......

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, they're my headers, not his. Please try to keep up.

In my case, I run many things - part of my job. This machine happens to run OS/2 because I have yet to come across a better user interface, and it does all I want. My mail server is FreBSD, my voicemail system is Win2K, and I even occasionally boot Linux if I have to. And a lot more...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh, yes, so it was.

Interesting. What do you use for voicemail....?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The software that came with the PBX...a Cybergear Gold (as a temporary measure until the Asterisk box is complete)

Reply to
Bob Eager