Question for Moderator

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous. I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve

This group is not moderated,,ask someone in the family or friends did they recieve an email. :-( lol

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I don't think there's a moderator but try re-posting, I'd like to see it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The reason it's not visible is that you posted it as a reply in the thread "Lost keys - need to change cylinder?" rather than a new thread. Look in there and you should see it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

1/. There is no moderator.

2/. If you saw it yesterday, you downloaded it yourself, unless you are using a web interface to e.g. google groups, which your headers say you are not. Ergo you have probably got your newsreader set to 'ignore read posts' or 'delete posts over 12 hours old'

  1. Its possible that your ISP has a very severe refuse problem and is deleting old posts rapidly,but I doubt it.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can still see it on the Gradwell news server Message-ID:

I think this news.blueyonder.co.uk may be the cause of the problem Check Google groups.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Wasn't the ISP, as stated he replied to a thread with changed subject.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

If you're looking with Google Groups, it has got subsumed into the "Lost keys..." thread where you posted it as a follow-on, but it's still there. I can't remember whether this always happens, but, they've just made some changes (every post appears with a blank grey area at the top), so who knows?

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

The message from Steve contains these words:

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet group. Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Reply to
Guy King

That's news client dependant. My settings in Agent started a new thread as the subject changed.

Reply to
Paul Herber

As you say, the group is not moderated.

Subject: Beware of Yale Mortice Locks Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:20:25 GMT

If that's the one it got out OK but Blueyonders inability to understand newsgroups is legendary, if something has gone wrong they must be the first suspect.

Reply to
Peter Parry

|On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:03:38 +0100, "Mary Fisher" | wrote: | | |>I don't think there's a moderator | |As you say, the group is not moderated. | |>but try re-posting, I'd like to see it. | |Subject: Beware of Yale Mortice Locks |Message-ID: |Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:20:25 GMT | |If that's the one it got out OK but Blueyonders inability to |understand newsgroups is legendary, if something has gone wrong they |must be the first suspect.

You might consider changing your newsserver to

the best newsserver of the bunch. The cost is only 10 euros per year, for text newsgroups only. Read the web site, they have rules and enforce them.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

The message from "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

Well, it's an improvement on pizzaface which I was lumbered with as a spotty yoof - and again briefly when I had chickenpox in my 30s.

Reply to
Guy King

I saw that message today. A useful bit of info. Thanks.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Yes, I can see it in there, with a few replies, including my own!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Did I mention that the bum in question is, in fact, extraordinarily spotty?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Takes one to know one nyer nyer!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it in reply to another thread, so I knew where to look for it. Although the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post is not visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

One of my sons is known as Pizza by those who knew him when he had a nasty burning accident at 13 and his inner thighs were badly scarred and he had plastic surgery - all free thanks to the good old NHS ;-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher