Question about pushfits

Maxie, I'm very stylish my boy. I'm very suave and a great tango dancer.

You couldn't!!

Figures and source please?

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

What apart from you yourself on various occasions, see other thread, developers are now using plastic plus as I said look in the vans and see the coils of plastic and bags of fittings, don't just hunt around until you find the odd example of one who's not using it or cite this "friend of yours" or "one of my neighbours", try and be objective.

Reply to
David

Figures and source please?

Reply to
IMM

Push fit join will have a circular overlap on it which when pushed down hard will release the fitting so you can slide off..I will stress that it takes some getting use to. Biggest mistake with push fit is always bad installation otherwise very good...as we use push fit to seal off copper work when testing.As we test at

5bar and normal mains pressure around 1.5-2bar you can work out the maths yourself. When connecting push fit always make sure the fitting doudle clicks into position as one click will lead to leaks.
Reply to
Keithc666767117

In article , IMM writes

its something like 40% in the UK, sorry John I'm off on holiday early tomorrow so haven't the time to look, google it, try the phbc (I think) website

Reply to
David

Maxie, source please?

Reply to
IMM

In article , PoP writes

Having looked at the new houses being built in my village I can see the faults that are being created by the builders. The main one being inadequate support of bends which gives rise to lateral pressure on the O ring. Three years down the road and the joint leaks. Also, how do we know if the pipe was cut using the correct tool, or with just a pair of secateurs (as I have seen 'recommended' on an under floor heating site).

Reply to
Andrew