Query re bath mixer taps

Have a look at ebay item no 5966109078

these items suitable for plastic baths? I'm thinking of how heavy they are,i.e could they distort the bath or am i being over cautious?? ta

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

over cautious, at £50 you'll probably find they are very lightweight

RT

Reply to
[news]

I suspect you'd be fine providing they are fixed to properly supported copper pipework. May be less so if it's a particularly flimsy plastic bath and the tap is fixed to plastic pipe or flexible tails -- it won't do any damage, but might move around a bit.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ta,yes it'll be proper copper and its some taps similar to the ones shown but its not those actual ones that I'm buying. I have a bit of an irrational aversion to plastic having been brought up and apprenticed in copper and other metals,, ta

joe

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

> Are these items suitable for plastic baths? I'm thinking of how heavy

No problems with this type of tap on our plastic/fibreglass what have you type bath. fitted about 10 years ago.

Reply to
simon beer