Queen Wasps (possibly OT)

Many wasps are highly predatory, so other insects are at risk. The German wasps (as we used to call them) that were introduced to NZ are considered a significant threat to native arthropods.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Muslims are the greatest threat to your kids. What are you going to do about that?

Reply to
harry

Even in the autumn, they only get aggressive when attacked. They have no reason to attack you just for the hell of it. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

Some people never learn.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Well they are not, actually.

Statistically other things like hospital acquired infections, motor vehicles and sitting in the sun too long, and overpriced electricity are far more likely to kill them than muslims.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't agree. Wasps are not the smartest of creatures and have difficulty in discerning between a defensive movement of one person and an attack from another.

Reply to
Fredxx

I was stung by a hornet last autumn when I was walking about 10 yards away from their nest. I ended up in A&E.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Well I don't get it. At his age I'd been walking to school a mile and a half by myself for three years.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I used to do the same from the age of 6. Then, from the age of 10 or so, I used to keep an eye on my younger brother while we both walked there. There was a lot less traffic then, though, and parents weren't so scared.

Reply to
John Williamson

Keep wondering if queen wasps buzz in polari and fly mincingly?

Reply to
polygonum

On Thursday 30 May 2013 16:06 Tim Streater wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Whether you get it is not relevant - it's a simple fact.

No, I cannot explain it because he's had plenty of training - but would I let him out by himself - bugger I would. He just exhibits unsafe tendencies.

Reply to
Tim Watts

show him a real life corpse.

"That's what happens to people who don't look out for themselves"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

At five I was walking to school too. There were six hundred others doing it too. Crossing several busy roads. And the schools never closed for a bit of snow either.

Reply to
harry

On Thursday 30 May 2013 17:34 The Natural Philosopher wrote in uk.d-i-y:

No, I don;t think so - not yet anyway...

But I did something less disturbing when daughter was trying to poke keys into the sockets. It involved Youtube, a massive noisy arc on some open air switchgear in Boulder, USA and the words "electricity looks like that - that's what's in those sockets". Worked...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Got a cite for that?

Thought not