Quality Rad Valves

Hi all

I recently posted about cranking rad tails by 15mm to match the rad valves I usually buy - Pegler Terriers (subject: Pipe Bending Question). An easier way would be if I could find comparable quality valves with a shorter "throw" (distance from rad connection to pipe tail).

So, can members of the group please suggest other manufacturers of good quality valves? If I can find such items with a 40mm throw rather than 48mm (Peglers) it will avoid nasty pipe bends.

Currently this rad has a Danfoss TRV and dodgy lock shield, both of which have shorter distance to rad tail than Pegler's. As this is in the hall with the stat, I want handwheel and lockshield instead.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I think they're all much the same dimensions but if you tap the valve into the tail you can usually push the olive (on the tail) back towards the rad

- there must be around 10mm between its positions from rad end to end-of-tail end. Add the variation you can get by screwing the tail further into the rad or having it sticking out further (with appropriate amounts of PTFE to seal) and you may accomodate your 40mm rather than 48mm requirement.

Reply to
John Stumbles