Quality Of Tools

Thank you.

So do I.

Screwing off parts and screwing them back on a unit which someone else designed and built is not clever.

They also are doingbresearch into a reversed rotary. The seals are on the engiens block and can be replaced as a DIY job.

Yoiu said " I haven't -". Which says it all.

When? 1890?

You don't say....

Piston engine won because they are afraid to move away from a technology that makes them billions. they want the status quo. They don't want advancement. Orbital of Australia perfected the 2-stroke about 12 years ago. It passed the California emissions. A unit was made for cars: half the weight 50% more mpg, half the size, revs like hell as no valves, quiet (no valves again), etc. A car with one in which the body was designed around it could double current mpg with no affects in performance. Why don't we see them in cars? Mmmmmmm, mmmm A few are in boats.

Get this balls out of your head, that if anything was good enough the big boys would be using it. The car industry is tooled up for the piston engine with their mentality geared that way, and can't turn around, unless forced by legislation.

A small English company is developing a cross between a turbine and a piston engine that is being taken up for combined heat and power applications in Holland. This promises a lot.

Reply to
IMM

[11 lines snipped]

We know. That's the point.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

[13 lines snipped]

Tee-hee. He's confused about what a rotary engine *is*.

Reply to
Huge

That's right, that's exactly what rebuilding engines is about...

Hang on, this sounds a lot like your land reform argument. Have you loaded the wrong sub again?

Two strokes are great when you need power to weight, but crap in almost every other situation.

???

Oh yes, legislation...

Reply to
Grunff

And you were trying to make out you were clever.

By George it is! 10/10

You can't read well. Note "Orbital of Australia perfected the 2-stroke" and "A unit was made for cars". You have poor focus and attention span.

Poor comprehension too.

Good. You are getting there. 10/10. Legislation made cars cleaner and safer. Without government intervention they would never have done it. They only want your money.

Reply to
IMM

He'll be there within two posts.

You rubbed the lamp by mentioning communism.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

See what I mean.

Kind of like the government except that they don't waste it and don't want to control your life - at least not in quite the same way.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Now you're getting it. 'They only want your money' is a much better and more effective model than legislation. They want my money, so they have to provide me with the goods/services I want. Otherwise I will go elsewhere to someone who will.

Reply to
Grunff

?????????????????????????????? :-)

Reply to
usenet

Er, I think you'll find the 'rotary engines' used in aircraft are somewhat different from the one used in the RX8. I.e, different in principle, not just detail.

Reply to
usenet

I'd always thought that it was something to do with Wankel, so perhaps that's the reason.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I did wonder whether he was confusing rotary with Wankel, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

For the record, Wankel engines have been used in a small number of aircraft.

Reply to
Grunff

C'mon, I managed to avoid that one all this time...

Reply to
Grunff

[26 lines snipped]

Rotary != Wankel.

Reply to
Huge

Accepted definitions are a bit vague, often having Wankel engines as alternative meanings for "rotary". However, I doubt you'd want a true rotary engine under your bonnet ;-)

Radial is the word our friend was searching for.

Reply to
John Laird

OH my God after I thought he was doing well. 1/10 there. Poor show. The car industry is a near monopoly. There are few players and those there are, are world players, so importing means you get the same engine with a slightly different shaped body.

Reply to
IMM

Like your much loved Stalinist planning system.

Reply to
IMM

Not so.

Reply to
IMM

Wankle did not invent the rotary engine. He fixed on a concept that was inferior to many around at the time.

Reply to
IMM

No more to say hen.

You haven't a clue. As usual. All that bupkiness I suppose.

Reply to
IMM

Because you didn't know.

Reply to