Qualcast or Trueshopping hand-push mower (or other)

Two similar hand-push mowers:

Qualcast is a well-known name in mowers. Trueshopping is a new name to me and sounds a bit like a novelty seller but the mower has had some good reviews.

There are far fewer reviews of the Trueshopping mower so maybe they are not representative.

Anyone any experience of Trueshopping or have other recommendations for a hand-push mower?

James

Reply to
James Harris

Webb Whippet :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The only thing I can say about hand push mowers is that they tend to slip on wet grass and can also make a mess of it where the wheels are or roller depending on which drives the machanism.

In our land of wetness, this sort of problem seems quite common. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I guess you must have a particular need/liking for a push mower, but when you compare the prices, I reckon this is much better value:

Bosch Rotak 32R Electric Rotary Lawnmower £79.99

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I don't know that I would ever try to mow wet grass. Doesn't it always have to have dried first?

Rotary mowers must be especially bad if the grass is wet or wet-ish. Particularly if the grass is also long I can imagine them tearing it up by its roots!

James

Reply to
James Harris

I have this one:

and it's excellent. I bought it after borrowing my neighbours when my last electric broke down, I've never replaced the electric. This one is just as quick, you can push it with one hand and it cuts really well, far better than any rotary I've had.

Reply to
pcb1962

The video mentions "shearing" - this implies to me that there MUST be a fixed blade - otherwise how the heck would it work?

Reply to
DerbyBorn