PVC Sealing tape / 2 hoses for air conditioner vent different diameters

There is an exhaust pipe / hose that came with my air con unit

I went to homebase to buy an 'extension' for it as it doesn't quite reach the window

the 'extension' hose is narrower (smaller diameter). I use PVC sealing tape to close it off.

Over time, the hot air causes the tape to "lose its stickiness" and hot air starts to leak back into the room.

Any ideas please?

I will go get some more PVC sealing tape soon. Wonder if gaffer tape will do as a substitute.

Reply to
NoSPAM

Insert one in the other, fill the gap with silicone sealant to glue them together

Reply to
Newshound

Hi,

Try aluminium tape; Halfords, Maplins, or maybe Woolies will do a small roll for a few quid, a 2" wide 50m roll costs =A35-to 8 from online suppliers.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

meow2222