Puzzled by shower curtain fittings

I'm trying to find a shower curtain to fit to a rail that's already there but seems to lack some parts.

What I have is an aluminium track attached to the wall at either end and supported by a fitting from the ceiling.

The runners run in a groove in the inner side of the track and they have small nylon posts with rounded ends that stick out horizontally, about 4mm in diameter and about 6mm long with rounded ends and a small groove round their circumference very near the end.

My guess is that some sort of fitting attaches to these posts almost like a press stud but I don't know if they are available separately or if anyone knows what brand this item may be?

Thanks

Reply to
Murmansk69

A picture speaks a thousand words...?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Sounds like a croydex curtain rail, if the ali is H shaped, plus the 4 ends on the H are rounded over, resulting in a slot along the top and another along the bottom.

Depending on where the support from the ceilng is, you may be able to just use curtain rings on it over the whole rail, and remove the weak little things.

NT

Reply to
NT

No, it's not H shaped in cross section, the slot in which these runners run is on the inside so they point horizontally - but I did come across one like you described the other day at someone's house and it suspect this one is the same brand as the fittings to wall and ceiling were similar so that may be a clue thanks

Reply to
Murmansk69

Suspect it is Croydex

This link shows drawing of item in question

Murmansk69

you.

NT

Reply to
NT

John Lewis would know though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If its the one I have they use them in hospitals to hold up the screens. They are the strongest rail/loop I have seen and mine is 28 years old and not one of the "weak little things" has broken.

Reply to
dennis

but seems to lack some parts.What I have is an aluminium track attached to the wall at either end and supported by a fitting from the ceiling.The run ners run in a groove in the inner side of the track and they have small nyl on posts with rounded ends that stick out horizontally, about 4mm in diamet er and about 6mm long with rounded ends and a small groove round their circ umference very near the end.My guess is that some sort of fitting attaches to these posts almost like a press stud but I don't know if they are availa ble separately or if anyone knows what brand this item may be?Thanks

A few years have gone by now but did you ever find 'the studs' you needed a s I now have the same problem as you and knew what you meant imediately. Th e house we have just moved to had the fittings but as I was doing a job in the house,my wife and son put up a new shower curtain with hooks and appare ntly discarding the needed 'studs' as without them,a curtain on hooks will not pull past the rod to the ceiling. I will keep searching but just wonder ed how you got on. 'Merry Christmas to you'

Reply to
boydavid1950

Good grief I nearly fainted when a reply came up four years later!

I can't remember much about the item in question but I seem to think I did see a support rod for the rail in question online somewhere but the person whose rail it was did not want to shell out for it.

I can't remember anything except I'm fairly sure it was indeed a Croydex rail.

Reply to
Murmansk

It sounds like a croydex but I am having difficulty finding the fittings you describe.

Reply to
hazelward42

A response to a post 9 years ago.

Reply to