Putting up coving

Hi all,

I spent this morning mitre cutting four lengths of plaster coving to put up in the d/stairs WC. Then it suddenly occurred to me that the walls are tiled so I can't use my usual trick of banging in a few nails to support the stuff whilst the adhesive cures. Actually, I guess those rubber suckers you see on kids' toy arrows might do at a pinch, but quite possibly they're no longer made (elf & safe tea presumably). So, what can I do to keep the lengths in situ until the goo goes off? cheers, cd

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

angled stick? duct tape? double sided tape?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pack the loo with helium balloons ..... ok I'll get my coat :)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hmmm. Expanding foam might be better....

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Or, if you have them, those trigger-action "jacks" for supporting plasterboard prior to screwing (no-one nails any more, right?)

Reply to
newshound

Little dabs of 2 part filler at intervals. Hold the coving in place for a couple of minutes, and the normal adhesive can do the rest I'll retrieve my anorak from the cloakroom

Reply to
stuart noble

bamboo sticks, preferably with something on top to avoid marking.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Clear silicon should do the job. Draw a chalk line around the room for your levels and it will be cup of tea and a piece of cake time in half an hour.

If that fails miserably, I apologise. The silicon will peel off no problem.

Get four lengths of roofing baton, an eighth of an inch longer than the len gths of the walls and spring them into place at the appropriate height. You will then have a temporary shelf to support the coving until you can work out what will stick them in place.

Or you can use PAR and leave them there. You could even put them over a rou ter and dispense with the coving and glue.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer