Putting the Screw in Screwfix

Just bought myself a warehouse coat.

_requestid=392201

£29.99 in ScrewFix

coat

£15.59 in MachineMart.

We also have a MachineMart which is just a little bit further away than ScrewFix.

Guess where I went?

I see no reason why the same coat should cost twice as much in ScrewFix.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

And equally there is no reason why two shops should sell the same product f or the same price.

In other news, the Vatican strongly confirms "catholic tendencies" of new p ope, and ursine excrement found in wooded area.

utor Penitus emptor

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Just bought four pints of semi skimmed milk in ASDA for a quid. Local shop charges 49p for one pint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Within one hour, the button fell of, but nice fit."

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Dave Plowman (News) put finger to keyboard:

ASDA charges 49p for one pint as well.

Reply to
Scion

So did one of the f's

Reply to
GB

Would be a fair point, if it were not for the fact that it is the same bran ded product...

Reply to
larkim

That's why farmers can't get a reasonable price for their milk...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I was looking at a 100 x 100mm Fence Post Spike. SF only sell a pack of

2 - I only want 1. £25 a pack.

Toolsatan do singles at less than £9.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There must be vast over production of milk if the supermarkets can dictate the price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, just an effective monopoly on the supply chain.

Reply to
Adrian

Bosch GSR 10.8 Li-ion

£114
£199
Norbert Thistlethwaite

SC are selling fewer single items - everything is in a multipack. Attempting to push us into buying from B&Q. Sod 'em.

Reply to
Eric

I also found the service a lot better in Toolstation, Screwfix were unhelpful, not very friendly and the information about stock at my local branch was incorrect online.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Apart from my local Screwfix (1) does everyone else have a Toolstation next door to Screwfix?

(1) actually the 2nd nearest but the fastest to get to.

Reply to
ARW

here they are close, but actually the other side of the river.

Reply to
charles

Unfortunately not. Axminster is almost next door. TS is around 14 miles.

Reply to
polygonum

Within 200 yards, and you have to go past the Toolstation and Travis Perkins clearance warehouse to get to screwfix.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's their deliberate policy.

Alas I don't have a local Toolsatan.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They seem to be opening branches inside Wickes stores;

3rd April 2013 Nuneaton Toolstation - inside Wickes

On Monday 8th April Toolstation opens a second branch inside a Wickes Extra - this time in Nuneaton. Very prominent on Weddington Road, the new sales counter is conveniently situated close to other trade suppliers. Get full address and driving details on our branch-locator page.

Surely that will kill off a lot of Wickes sales?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman