Pushbike near lewisham

A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Has anyone got such a beast that they want to get rid of ?

Anyone with helpful suggestions like freecycle (ha ha), please save it and don't waste bandwidth

Reply to
geoff

Lend him a cordless angle grinder....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or get one off Freecy ... ah ... ;-(

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ebay tends to have a lot of junk if you're trawling for lowest prices

- try police sales of recovered bikes, also ask at proper bike shops for stuff they need to shift (but don't want to put on the shop floor)

Unlike most London shops - the London bike shops do still tend to be run by enthusiasts - go chat to them.

The one in Tooley St (On yer bike?) is good, as is the one in Grays Inn Road (Condor Cycles?), and the one down the side of Waterloo (Evans?). They sell expensive bikes - but I would be surprised if they wouldn't point you in the right direction.

Also try London Cycling Campaign.

Reply to
dom

In fact LCC have a secondhand bike shops list:

do something with donated bikes:

dom

geoff gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Our local scouts held their annual bike auction this morning - I know one of the organisers, so I could drop 'em an email see if there's anything suitable left over, if you so wish.

Not particularly close to Lewisham (edge of the Chilterns) but walking distance from the station or I'll be taking the car in to Bermondsey over the BH w'end.

Drop me an email.

Reply to
Adrian

Assuming this is isn't a ladies bike because she rides in long skirts - look for an outgrown teenager's bike and put a lady's saddle on it.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ