Push-InCable Connections On Foreign Lamp Fitting

I have a couple of light fittings that have push in connections inside as part of the screwin lamp holder . 4 connections,presumably the second pair to go to a second lamp. .You strip 6-8mm of cable and push the end in and it locks in .I've not come across these before .I have given the cable a good pull and they seem gripped ok . How do you get them out if you ever wanted to or don't you .?? The lights are made in Belgium Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Stuart pretended :

You push something into the same connector, like a watch makers screwdriver, to relieve the pressure on the wire which enables the wire to be withdrawn.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Aaah....I see....Anyway I've connected short pieces of cable to a piece of connector strip to allow the fitting to be taken down without trouble should it be necessary ..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

then you push a bit of wire in to get the scerwdriver out, and repeat... :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222