Push fit soil boss connector

After the dreaded ceiling damp patch, I have succeeded in raising a portion of chipboard flooring and identified the problem as a leak where the bathroom basin waste enters a short horizontal section of

110mm soil pipe at a boss connector. The toilet also connects at this same boss, toilet in the top and basin waste at the side t Ob

The house is about 15 years old. The basin waste connector to the boss had half fallen out. The connector is 40mm push fit and looks more like a mini toilet pan connector with 3-4 rings of rubber which form the seal. Is the best course of action to try and source a new seal (any ideas?) or clean the old one up and add some other form of sealant as well before re-assembling. You may have some other ideas as well. The soil pipe is under the floor and I am loathe to have to replumb the waste from the basin as access to this is very poor.

Thanks for your time

John

Reply to
JohnW

obtainable at a plumber's merchant if you don't want the delivery charge.

But do you know why it's come out? Badly fitted originally? Maybe the pipework was under stress? You need to prevent the cause or it will just happen again.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In article , JohnW writes

If it's the kind I think it is then they have a reputation for popping out. You may find that the boss itself is solvent compatible allowing you to use a solvent adaptor to mate securely with a solvent pipe. That said, I would consider some way of dismounting the (small) pipe in case of blockage, you could do that by using a straight compression coupler just a bit back from the boss. See the BES site for examples:

item

12993,
near the bottom (valid for this catalogue only). Actually, item 12987 (same page) may do both jobs in one.
Reply to
fred