Push fit plumbing - any good?

In message , IMM writes

What, ... trivial things like instructions?

Reply to
raden

CD laser ?

Reply to
G&M

In message , G&M writes

Excellent cutting tool for DIMM

If you think about it

Reply to
raden

I have just read this thread. IMM said it was a fitting defect and not the cutting of the pipe. I have used plastic pipe and fitting occassionally have cut it with a hacksaw and trimmed off the rough edge and it worked with no problems. I wasn't going to spend £15 on a cutter for a few foot of pipe. Naturally the makers want you to buy an over expensive cutter, they must make a fortune on these tools. I would not advise anyone using a few foot of plastic to fit a sink to buy an expensive cutter. A square cut with the rough edges of the pipe removed is all you need. The O ring in a fitting being pushed out sounds like a problem with the fitting. As long as the pipe is square and no rough edges I can't see how the O ring can be pushed out unless it is a problem with the fitting. I don't know if twisting the pipe or fitting as the joint is made would dislodge the O ring, it may just do that. I have found that twisting is the only way to get the fitting on the pipe. They take some force to push on without twisting.

Reply to
timegoesby

In article , timegoesby writes

Where do you buy your tools?? £15!!I paid about a fiver for the proper one and its well worth it, being able to snip through the pipe like a pair of scissors and leave a clean square cut ever time without having to worry about it, to be honest my time is a bit more valuable than spending it on making sure the end of the pipe is cut straight and then checking for any rough edges that then need to be trimmed off, for a fiver its a no brainer

Reply to
David

No need for special tools. An ordinary pipe cutter makes very neat cuts through plastic pipe. You get an acute bevel on the outer edge.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

My house built on 2000 uses push fit plastic plumbing for everything except for boiler to tank to loft bits and the visible bits of radiator feeds (ie goes from plastic to copper in wall). Not too sure of make used but the push fit joints have a brass outer sheath with a blue screwed in insert, you unscrew the insert (using a special tool or pliers!) and can then disassemble the joint.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

In message , Dave writes

MDPE usually uses plastic push fit fittings.

You should find couplings to connect the plastic to 22mm pipe, try your local plumbers merchants

Reply to
chris French

In message , chris French writes

Where's DIMM, has he broken his hacksaw blade or what?

Reply to
raden

Probably runs on Windows 3.1 and still booting up for the month.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You're kidding. On a modern hyper-fast machine that boots up in seconds. Only Microsoft could optimise an OS over time for slowing overall performance.

Reply to
G&M

Mmmm.... but who said anything about modern hardware?

Although I suppose that one could network two together and have a win-win situation.

Regarding Microsoft, they are not the only player to do this. IBM is most effective at it, but of course you can always buy your way out of trouble.

The story runs that nobody got fired for buying these products, but the corollary is that they didn't get promoted either....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Come to think of it, who would ever suggest that any version of Windows is an OS?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Maxie, how can you? You are definitely slave labour working Dim Lin the far eastern luscious lovely. Shame on you. This is not what globalisation is about.

Reply to
IMM

Osma Gold.

Reply to
IMM

I'm sad to say even RISCOS does this. My first machine running 3.1 was up to the desktop in seconds - despite the much slower processor. This one on

4.02 takes nearer a minute.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MTBF of computer PSUs and hard disks mostly. They reach an age where you simply can't suffer the increasing noise anymore. Of course one can buy new bits but at that point most people decide their PC is so old anyway it's time for a new one.

Reply to
G&M

I haven't opened this thread up yet but I just know I'm going to find an

Yup, another thread, in fact the entire website, ruined by a puerile feud and irrelevant pointscoring betweeen a bunch of f***wits. God alone knows why they don't bar the lot of them, it would benefit the sitte enormously.

Reply to
Aidan

You are right. I would bar them too.

Reply to
IMM

What website, and who would bar whom? And you are calling other people fuckwits??

Reply to
Grunff