Puny detergents

That is utter bullshit. Sodium hypchlorite is the only cleaner that I would trust to kill disease causing organisms.

As is that. MRSA in hospital has nothing to do with hospital cleaners. MRSA is spread by contact between individuals, it's not the cleaners who transmit MRSA, it is the medical staff.

Still, at least I note that you fit my theory that anyone using blueyonder doesn't have a clue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh yawn ... is any system any good apart from the one you use?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Opulent is unhygienic.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm losing the will to live!

On second thoughts ... :-)

You say the nicest things, diolch.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Did someone rattle your cage?

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's in hair conditioners.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

We can't get Vim and Ajax any more. (Scouring powder sold in a cylindrical tin)

The surfaces and finishes in use nowadays wouldn't survive it.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

You can still get Vim...

one down)

Some of us still use it along with Brillo pads.

Reply to
Geoffrey

That's good. haven't seen it in supermarkets for 20 ? years.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

No, the noise was from your bars :-) I'm free.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh. I don't use them.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I got some recently. Might not have been those names.

I don't know about that but there are still plenty of us with older finishes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What a stupid thing to say!

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

That's your secret isn't it Mary, never mind the Gatineau or Oil of O/Ulay, get the Vim out and the wrinkles vanish.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Quite.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Nor do I. Nor, I believe, does anyone, despite politicians' rantings.

Yes, and now she's part of it so should be able to express the difference. It's the same in all areas of life, for instance schools.

That's silly because it's inefficient.

The food in Spouse's hospital was excellent (and we're very fussy). I took some photographs because I couldn't believe it. Chef came round to everyone daily to offer choices and they were delivered, exactly as requested, beautifully served and delicious. There was a decent wine list too (choices had to be paid for separately, i.e. not on NHS).

I agree with that 100% Calm surroundings are recovery inducing for many people, for those who'd like noise there was radio and television in the rooms. when I was in hospital I had to hear television football. All I wanted to do was sleep for a couple of days but it was impossible.>

If you make a fuss the implication is that you should be grateful. That doesn't stop me making a fuss (why are you not surprised? ) but in fact the fuss-making has resulted in an understanding of our situation and some things have changed. I doubt that the changes have been permanent though ... :-(

Yes.

No. They have a greater income than the Fishers.

And if you have certain medical histories. I consider that I'm a very healthy person but I have had treatment for breast cancer, which precludes me from all the medical insurance I've looked at (from pure curiosity).

I don't mind paying for a service as long as it's good. I pay for other essential services such as clean water, sewerage, good food and the like. Why shouldn't I pay for medical treatment? I just don't like paying by stealth taxes for something which isn't worth the charges.

I like it when we agree :-)

But that won't stop me from disagreeing with you now and then :-) Nor, I suspect, vice versa.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The other thing that really annoys me is when people providing services don't tell me the truth. I've had this with doctors giving me the standard policy mantra until I've asked pointed questions. THen one discovers that it's an area over which they have control or that they have a financial incentive from the government to operate a given treatment regime.

I had silly nonsense this last week from the local authority waste collection department. Three bags of rubbish were left behind by the (sub contract) collection people. One was a genuine mistake because it was garden stuff and the allowance is one bag a week of that unless special bags are used. A neighbour had put their bag next to my one at the road and only one was collected. Genuine misunderstanding. THere was no reason for the other two and no real excuse was given so they agreed to collect the following day - 48 hrs is allowed in the contract. The normal collection day is Tuesday and I called each day afterwards to chase them. There is a requirement nowadays that bags are left at the road rather than near the house, and this became annoying because although we have a long drive with several car widths at the house, it narrows to one at the road, so rubbish bags get in the way.

Eventually on Friday, the bags were collected. I had been speaking to a young lady at the local authority who had been pretty helpful, but who wouldn't (couldn't) do anything such as pushing the waste contractor without asking her boss. So I called her boss on Friday and suggested that if this is likely to happen again that they agree that I could put rubbish part way up the drive to avoid it being in the way. He wasn't having any of that and gave me some story that the operatives weren't insured. On further asking of questions, it became clear that this wasn't really the situation, so in the end I put him on the spot and told him that I didn't believe him and would appreicate it if he told me what the situation really was. Finally he admitted that it was a money issue and that they had agreed with the contractor to only collect from the edge of the property because of the extra time to walk to houses. I thanked him for his honesty, and I'm going to call his assistant tomorrow and thank her for her help. She probably doesn't get many calls like that.

However, why on earth people can't tell the truth in the first place I don't know. If he had said it's a contract or money issue at the outset, we could have saved a lot of time because I would have accepted it.

All part of life's rich tapestry, Mary.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ha! That was the stuff to use to get grease off your hands :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Mary

realised

Not alone, but as part of a cleaning routine it's invaluable.

Reply to
Magician