Puncture repair in lawn tractor YAY!

Pumped up front tyre AGAIN and heard hissing noise. Oh Dear

6" nail through the tyre. Which I pulled out.

After various abortive attempts this is what actually worked.

I deflated the tyre till there was almost no pressure - well it did that all by itself - and the rammed a hot glue gun nozzle in the hole and pushed a load of hot glue in and then pumped it up rapidly...was still leaking as the glue was still soft so held finger over it till glue went hard. (as hard as hot glue ever does).

RESULT. perfect repair - well I wouldn't trust it at 140mph down an autobahn but this IS a sodding 5mph tractor.

Thought I'd share that one.

One day you might need a get you home type repair done on a tyre and this is not a bad way to bodge a seal in a tubeless tyre with a mighty gash.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A cunning trick !!

There is a commercial version comprising 'sticky string' that you push through the hole using a special needle - I did a tyre on my Thwaites 2 ton dumper using it when I went over an old pitch fork I 'found' in the field.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Only problem is I would need to 'get home' in order to find the glue gun and somewhere to plug it in.

Reply to
Andrew May

I thought that Duck tape was the approved method!

Reply to
Capitol

carry a 12v one in the car?

Reply to