Pump to boost HW pressure

Just had a new kitchen fitted (I helped, so that's the DIY bit!)

On the mixer tap, we have soft cold water at mains pressure but the hot is from a tank.

I therefore want to add a pump for the hot, nut not for the cold. All the pumps I have seen that I think would be suitable, are shower pumps. The problem what these is, they want both hot and cold.

Can I use one, and just connect the hot? I guess I would need to run the hot supply to both sides of the pump, and also the feed to the tap would need to come from both to avoid running one side of the pump dry?

...That is unless there is a pump with only one in and out available I haven't seen!?!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

grundfos home booster (or some name like that)

DPS do them

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks!

I assume this is it

can't seem to find any specs on it though (Flow rate and pressure) Any ideas! Aslo, what is the address for DPS?

Ta!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

"Sparks" wrote in news:42729f59$0$38038$bed64819 @news.gradwell.net:

I couldn't find a direct link, but I googled (uk) for;

Grundfos UPA 15/90 Home Booster Pump

and clicked on my 4th hit, from

php?fuseaction=site.viewFile&id=6564, but this link doesn't seem to work.

However the hit provided a pdf doc with the information you need.

I've used BHL, found them good, ask for Lee. I think they give good value, they did a year or so ago

HTH, now I need a lager

mike

Reply to
mike ring

See doc here:

Andy

Sorry, wrong link. Try this instead:

Andy

Assuming you have a normal open vented system i.e Tank in loft an cylinder in cupboard there are loads of single feed pumps. Just pu shower pump into a Google search most companies I have been into s far have single feed pump's or try a plumber's merchant. I bought Salamander pump for my shower and they do a Single feed as well

They have excellent technical support (b phone ring back service). You can also fill in a questionare and th can recommend a pump. Just looking the website is under re constructio but you can still do the questionare

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec

Andy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's abetter one than mine; why is it when someone says "sorry, wrong link" I just HAVE to look at it to see what it was?

In this case it was a good reminder for this summer's fooling around with CH/DHW to replace my perfectly servicable, but elederly pump with one of them gadgets.

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Hardly seems worth the effort to add .5 to .75 of a bar! What kind of crappy shower would that give?

Reply to
mark

any help? :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Adrian C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Smashing - if I can't get the stuff John Mills and co. had in Alex

mike

Reply to
mike ring