Pump overrun

Newer cars are also much or reliable. When was the last time your efi car didn't start first time?

Reply to
bert

HaHa You lose again

Reply to
bert

90% of the time if you're referring to my 18 year old Range Rover.

Anyway, adding EFI doesn't cause it to need something special, like different fuel or regular servicing.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No, your reply was useless, you lose.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Depends where you put them. People in Scotland with a freezer in their garage don't need it to run very much.

I found it far cheaper to buy 2nd hand ones for under a grand.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It does mean, though, that servicing the fuel system is beyond the scope of most DIY-ers.

Reply to
Roger Mills

They probably wouldn't work anyway - because most freezers won't work if the ambient temperature is too low (for reasons which I don't claim to understand fully!).

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes they do, my parents have theirs in the garage, and it worked just fine down to -19C.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If it's got EBD-II, you plug it into a laptop, it tells you which bits's broke, and you buy a new one. It's actually easier.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Not quite sure what happened there! I was *try "Depends where you put them. People in Scotland with a freezer in their garage don't need it to run very much."

. . . rather than to the bit about old cars. Put it down to senility!

Reply to
Roger Mills

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 22:08:22 -0000, Roger Mills w= rote:

I gathered that. After I'd thought you were making a joke about me repl= ying to the wrong bit and implying I spend no more than =A31000 on a fre= ezer.

-- =

TV takes over your life when you could be doing useful things like smoki= ng crack and stealing car stereos.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

This to me is a remarkable achievement. In the 1960s BMC reputedly spent 10% on warranty work (one year then) and for all makes, warranty work was the norm. My last seven cars, all bought new - 2 x Skoda, 2 x Suzuki, 2 x Honda, 1 x Toyota have all gone through the three year warranty period with nothing breaking, and here Hyundai are now offering a seven year unlimited mileage warranty.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

As it was intended to be. But are you so thick you didn't realise that?

Reply to
bert

Perhaps you should get it serviced.

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

Reply to
bert

I couldn't find a garage who could fix it. Never ever convert a car to LPG.

Newer boilers cause problems. EFI doesn't.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You meant to be useless? Maybe you should vanish in a puff of logic?

Reply to
Uncle Peter