Pump Location?

Hi,

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos selectric) four times. The main issue seems to be that the pump is pulling in air as well as water, and because it is water-cooled it is overheating. We have checked the mounting of the pump, and it is correct as per the manual.

We recently had a plumber in to see what the problem is - and were told that the distance between the head and the pump is too small. The current distance is 2m - and we were told that it needs to be about 6. Is this right,or is this guy just wanting some £ off us when it is not needed.

Reply to
Andrew Seaton (Laptop)

Hi,

Over the past 5 years we have replaced our water pump (grundfos selectric) four times. The main issue seems to be that the pump is pulling in air as well as water, and because it is water-cooled it is overheating. The air is getting into both the radiators and the hot water pipes (causing spluttering).We have checked the mounting of the pump, and it is correct as per the manual.

We recently had a plumber in to see what the problem is - and were told that the distance between the head and the pump is too small. The current distance is 2m - and we were told that it needs to be about 6. Is this right,or is this guy just wanting some £ off us when it is not needed?

The FAQ has little to say about this, so any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew Seaton.

_________________ remove obvious to reply via e-mail

Reply to