pump for my ageing potterton kingfisher II boiler

sorry for the mass of questions, this is my first post & the first tim

i've ever had to find out about boiler pumps, help!

i need to find out what type of pump my ageing potterton kingfisher I boiler can use.

the radiators have been cold since last thursday and the boiler cha finally pronounced it dead yesterday. don't want to buy a new pum unless i absolutely have to, as it won't add any value to the house which is going on the market early next year.

i have been given a second hand grundfos selectric pump but don't kno if it will do the job.

i have been quoted £120 by jeff the boilerman, should i go with jef and his quote or would finding a 2nd hand pump reduce the pric drastically.

can anyone tell me is this price likely to include labour

-- slinkypop

Reply to
slinkypop

The pump is £40 tops and that boiler takes a standard unit. Your second hand unit will likely be OK if it 130mm between coupling faces. The rest of the job can be 15mins to 4hours depending on many factors. A fixed price of £120 sort of averages out the charges. The older the pump is the more likely draining down and replacement of valves/couplings and some pipework is needed.

You need a working heating system - even £120 does not compare with the reduction in the sale price of the house without a functioning heating system. Pumps generally cant be repaired. The start cap is about the only replaceable item and even that may prove difficult to obtain a good match and replace it.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

-- slinkypop

Reply to