Pub's pink paintwork poses puzzle

Butcher, West Mercia Police spokesman, added: "Police have been unable to establish at this stage if the pink brushwork constitutes criminal damage or whether it is some form of prank or publicity stunt by persons unknown."

He said two men in overalls and carrying ladders and equipment painted the pub in Church Lane about 0600 GMT on Tuesday.

They left a receipt under the door, which contained false details, he said.

It will cost several thousands pounds to correct said police who have appealed for information.

Mr and Mrs Smith, who have run the pub for six years, are planning to return the pub to its original black and white state as soon as possible.

Several thousand pounds to put right .Someone's aving' a larf surely?

Reply to
.

Someone doesn't know the difference between an invoice and a receipt?

Reply to
Graham.

Indeed, I would be happy to paint it for that! Looks like all of half a days work...

Reply to
John Rumm

Colour me some colour other than pink, but ,,, sounds like a good publicity stunt to me

Reply to
geoff

Perhaps it turns white when it dries!

Reply to
John

Publicity stunt for sure - people go to look pop in for a quick half etc

Reply to
Sofa - Spud