PRV location?

A quick question - must the PRV on a sealed CH system be vented outside? I would've thought so, however the surveyor made no mention of it on a friend's survey (a full Building Survey I believe) so either he missed it or is not obliged to check such things?

As it currently stands the PRV would empty onto the kitchen floor in an over-pressure condition.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Yes.

I would not expect a surveyor to know this, although some might.

You need to get that fixed. In a worse case failure condition, that might be ejecting 40kW of steam, and that could seriously injure or even kill someone in the kitchen.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The message from snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) contains these words:

I wouldn't expect a surveyor to know £$%* all.

Reply to
Guy King

Although this is an extremely unlikely condition, ISTR that one of the crimes a house-of-horrors punter did was exactly this. The person in question is currently banned from working on gas by the HSE.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thought as much - thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to check if this was something that needed raising with them.

Sure - will sort it for 'em tomorrow.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton